WITI~sounds like Witty....KT~My initials...Thus, WiTiKT is what I want to hope I am most days when I am not going crazy from 2 part time jobs, parental guilt, trying to eat healthy, and finding my way back to exercise. Life is what I make of it....that is "What I Think I Know Today"....lets see what tomorrow brings. ;-)
Really nothing....46 has been fun and like any other year it has had its ups and downs. Except for any trip that may have been taken to a warmer climate; the "downs" are usually associated with winter (Bah Hum Bug!)and the "ups" are every other WARM and SUNNY day!
Today will be very busy around here with work, working out and then church ~ It's Ash Wednesday ~ and that means its the start of Lenten services on Wednesday night around here.
So today is almost over; except for a little foot ball game on later tonight ~ that pretty much all of the world is hunkering down in front of a TV to watch because of the commercials and half time show ...DUH!
With that being said, that means there are 4 days until my 47th birthday! Am I excited? No, not really. Ever since I had high expectations for turning 25 and that balloon pretty much popped, I just haven't really cared about celebrating much. Don't get me wrong I love the fact that I am getting older. I love that God has allowed me to stay on this earth with my family and be part of whatever plan he has in store for me. I also love having the kiddos ask me what I would like for my birthday and then when I answer with: 1. clean the entire house 2. clean the bathrooms too 3. just be nice and do what ever I say for the day and 4. Ice Cream of any flavor would be great! Then they give me the eye roll and walk away......ha!
Birthdays are great aren't they?!
So what have I been up to during my last weekend at the age of 46?
1. Friday night we attended Owen's swim meet. (I am kind of wild and crazy huh?)
2. Saturday I got up and went to body pump at my Y from 7-8am. I knew they were also hosting a Y Cycle-a-thon from 10-12pm to raise money for kids going to camp and other Y issues. Since I didn't have any thing else planned for the day and I found out they still had open bikes I decided to join the 2 hour ride. It was fun, it went by surprisingly fast, and I shockingly felt really good after. (I thought my knees and hip would be killing me but they weren't ~ not bad for the old lady...ha!)
3. The shower never felt so good.
4. I was also surprised I wasn't very hungry for lunch. I had had 2 clementines during the 2-hour ride and 4 bottles of water. I came home and had some celery with spinach dip and felt fine.
5. Soon hubby and the kids said they were headed to Target to "maybe" do some birthday shopping. I casually mentioned I would love some "early" ice cream if they happen to be in the frozen treats section. ;-)
6. When they got home ~ roughly 3PM ~ I found they had purchased Monster Cookie ice cream...seriously! My daughter and I each had a bowl. YUM! I then continued to eat the entire half gallon. SERIOUSLY. I guess my exercised induced craving/hunger took over but it was heavenly going down.....and the heart burn I experienced after from being so full was painful burping back up. (Just burps...nothing else came up ;-)
7. Off to church
8. Home to watch the Republican debate
9. Off to bed early from exhaustion and sugar crash maybe?
10. 8:59 PM was the last thing I saw and lights out for me.
It's Sunday now and I have been getting a lot of preschool craft prep done! I have been eating better (whew!) and excited to make chili for supper while the family watches the football game that has everyone a buzz!!
So far that is the number the weather watchers are reporting for our area. It hasn't been the heavy, wet back breaking kind of snow which is good. Surprisingly though 11+ inches of the fluffy white stuff can be just as heavy by the time one is done shoveling a 2-car driveway and an additional car spot on the side of the garage.
Thank goodness I got some help from Kenzie and the neighbor came over with his snowblower to do the end drift that the city plow left for us.
One of the many perks of living on a corner. The city plow rounds our corner, backs up to make sure he didn't leave any drifts on the edge and then begins again up our street. Our house is the lucky corner one after the back up. So whose drive way gets the big DUMP of the day??? Yep, ours!!!
That DUMP can make me cry when it has been the heavy, wet stuff.....
OK..soo that's the latest update in MN. I can't wait to be talking sun, mosquitos and mowing the grass rather than this stuff!
Just needed to add a few flashbacks. Ahhhh, summer time fun ~ SUN ~ and anything but cold!
When I find these photos downloaded on our computer I simply want to gag....really!!
I don't see the cuteness in him at all Coley....
Because I am sure my daughter would say something as clever about my fingers as I tend to about HARRY....but, seriously look at my fingers!!!!
This is a constant during the winter months for me....I am totally over it.....
kind of like 1D is over their band love.
Some months ago my daughter had fun with my hair while we were watching TV.
I realized after seeing the photo I need to lighten up the locks again.
I called yesterday to make my hair appointment and the first available time that worked with BOTH of our schedules is March 12th! Ugh....the roots should be very unruly by then for sure!
Other ~not really important~ but I feel your life and mine would be better if I mentioned them:
1. I have been working out a bit more and the fat feels firmer....although right now I am craving some ice cream that is really soft.
2. Owen has a swim meet tonight. We have about a month left of the sport and it makes me kind of sad and kind of glad. It is fun and it keeps him busy daily, but I am ready to have nothing on the schedule again....just in time for spring, sun and sitting on the deck if you know what I mean. ;-)
3. Coley's college and hubby's work are quite close by each other. They discussed the fact that on wintery mornings he could drop her off at school and pick her up after work to alleviate some of the stress of the commute. Today was that day. When I asked her about the drive it she said it was amazing!!!! They got to drive in the "carpool" or "Sane" lane and it cut about 25 minutes off the drive even in the snow and mess.
4. Daughter #2...is hooked on a show called "Supernatural". I can proudly say I have never watched an episode and I can sadly say her middle name could be called couch potato because of it. (Little fact I may not have shared....I hate TV)
5. OK...not really hate but definitely dislike. Do I watch any TV??? Well yes, I do watch news, Republican Debates are entertaining, Duck Dynasty and or Long Island Medium when I remember and if I'm really bored AND IF its on; I will watch those nip and tuck/liposcution kind of shows. My family loathes them but I enjoy seeing the transformations of the individuals.
So that's a little of "What I Think I Know Today".....any shows that you watch where your family thinks you are nuts?